The fifth annual Small Wind Conference is scheduled for June 16-17, 2009 at the Holiday Inn and Convention Center in Stevens Point, Wisconsin. This is the only Small Wind Power Conference of its kind in the United States. The conference welcomes small wind installers, manufacturers, site assessors, dealers, distributors, state representatives and zoning officials and policy makers.
- Proposals for presentations are currently being accepted, in the following areas:
- Manufacturer updates: what’s working, what’s not, what is being encountered in the field and how is it being resolved
- Turbine testing and results, including measurement and verification programs
- Resource monitoring and siting lessons
- Installer issues, including successful and problem installations, barriers encountered (interconnection, insurance, zoning) and how these were resolved
- Anything else that might be of value to small wind installers, manufacturers, dealers, public benefits programs, or owners
People interested in making presentation should submit proposals to Mick Sagrillo at email@example.com by March 7th.
The early bird registration rate (good through April 1, 2009) is $100 per person. After April 1st, the price will go up to $150 per person. Registration includes: conference materials, light breakfasts, lunches and evening reception. You may register for the Small Wind Power Conference at http://www.the-mrea.org/smallwind_registration.php
A very limited number of exhibitor booths are also available. Booths are available on a “first come / first served” basis and cost $500 per 10’x10′ space. Interested parties should contact Kirsten at the MREA by phone 715-592-6595 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve exhibit space.
Sources: MREA and Sagrillo Power & Light