UTAH – The Utah Public Service Commission has issued a proposed new rule for interconnection which expands the state’s previous interconnection rules.
Highlights of the proposed rule include:
- An additional tier allowing interconnections up to 20 MW, in addition to their current tiers of 25 kW and 2 MW;
- No liability insurance required up to 2MW;
- No external disconnect switch is required for systems under 10 kW;
- Quick dispute resolution procedures by the Commission;
- No application fee for the first tier applicants (systems up to 25 kW);
- Use of FERC SGIP agreements (adding insurance provision);
- No explicit restriction of third party ownership.
Participants’ comments are due October 1.