Licensing (general)
Iowa requires that all individual contractors and businesses performing “construction” work within Iowa be registered with the Division of Labor if they earn at least $2,000 a year from that work. Individuals or businesses making less than $2,000 a year on “construction” work, or who work only on their own real estate or property, are not required to register.

Licensing (PV)
State electrical contractors license or a journeyman’s license under the supervision of an electrical contractor is required.

Electric code: NEC 2005 edition

Reciprocity: None

Resources: Iowa Workforce Development website


For the next 72 hours, you can download any IREC report without having to fill out this form again!

This feature requires the use of cookies in your browser. Check your browser settings if you experience any problems.