Licensing (PV)
Mississippi requires a classification of Building Construction or Solar and Wind Construction for someone to bid or contract to perform solar construction work if it exceeds $50,000.00. In addition, if the electrical portion of the project (solar or any project) exceeds $50,000.00, the license with the Electrical classification will be required for whoever performs the electrical work. If there is plumbing involved and it exceeds $50,000.00, whoever performs that work would need the Plumbing classification on their license.

Licensing body: MS State Board of Contractors

Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Tennessee, North Carolina Electrical Board, South Carolina(building contractors and master electrician exams only)

Resources: MississippiĀ State Board of Contractors


For the next 72 hours, you can download any IREC report without having to fill out this form again!

This feature requires the use of cookies in your browser. Check your browser settings if you experience any problems.