Licensing (General)
Missouri does not have a general contractors license. However, contractors must register their business with the Missouri Secretary of State and have a sales tax ID# which is issued by the Department of Revenue. After registering, contractors can contact local (county, city, township) government offices for specifics regarding local licensing and regulations.

Frontenac requires North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) PV Installation Professionals for solar projects. Clarkson Valley requires either a NABCEP PV Installation Professional or an electrical engineer.

Permitting notes
County commissions issue building permits.



For the next 72 hours, you can download any IREC report without having to fill out this form again!

This feature requires the use of cookies in your browser. Check your browser settings if you experience any problems.