June 13, 2012 – The IREC Credentialing Program has released a new version of the Candidate Handbook. The IREC ISPQ Candidate Handbook serves as a primary resource for training providers who are applying for or have been awarded an IREC ISPQ credential. As the IREC Credentialing Program grows, updates and improvements to the program and program documentation are made to address questions and feedback from candidates and to support a high quality assessment process.
Notable updates, as reflected in the new Candidate Handbook, include:
- Clarification provided about the affiliation of an Affiliated Master Trainer or Instructor with multiple institutions (Sections 2.3 and 2.5).
- Language added to indicate that an application covering multiple technologies and/or Job Task Analyses may have more than one assessor assigned, and that travel costs for all assigned assessors is the responsibility of the candidate (Sections 1.4 and 3.5).
- Language added to make clear that Affiliated Master Trainer and Affiliated Instructor candidates may only seek recognition for courses for which their parent entity has received accreditation (Sections 2.3 and 2.5).
- New IREC ISPQ Emeritus policy added (New Section 4.13).
- Language added to clarify that if a new assessor is assigned at the candidate’s request after an assessment has begun, additional charges may apply (Section 3.3).
Questions should be directed to the IREC Credentialing Program, email@example.com, (518) 621-7379.