The new solar career map includes a video series – five short videos incorporating interviews with 18 solar professionals about what they see and do and teach in the industry, organized around five key themes:
- Solar Jobs: What types of jobs are in the solar industry?
- Solar Pathways: How do people get into solar careers?
- Solar Skills: What sorts of skills matter most in solar work?
- Solar Training and Credentials: What kind of education and training will help me advance in solar?
- Solar Careers: Why Solar?
The new map also offers a better, more integrated overview of the solar universe, describing a fast-growing industry as it sweeps across four intersecting galaxies:
- Manufacturing (from research & development to direct production)
- System Design (from residential site assessment to power engineering)
- Project Development (from sales and permitting to regulation and finance)
- Installation and Operations (from domestic plumbing to utility-scale PV; from roofing to teaching).