IREC announces its Call for Nominees for its 3iAwards – a prestigious annual national search for innovative people, projects and programs that promote and accelerate the sustainable growth of clean energy. The IREC 3iAwards honor innovation, ingenuity and inspiration from the nation’s best in both renewable energy and energy efficiency.
For the third year, the selection of IREC’s award winners in several categories will be in the hands of the public, with open voting dates to be announced. The opportunity for a variety of stakeholders and the community at large to vote brings even greater awareness and acknowledgement of the applicants and awardees. All applications must be received online by May 20, 2016.
AWARD APPLICANTS APPLY HERE
“Every year IREC recognizes those who have creatively developed new approaches to advancing clean energy, because changing the status quo requires determination, innovation and persistence,” said IREC Board Chair Larry Shirley. “With these awards, we honor the people who inspire us with exemplary projects and programs that increase renewable energy use and promote energy efficiency. And we encourage others to build on their successes.”
IREC recognizes that renewable energy and energy efficiency play equally crucial roles in achieving a sustainable future. While traditionally government, energy industries and educational systems view them separately, with little collaboration between programs, IREC’s awards are inclusive. This year, IREC has added a new category–the Regulatory Champion of the Year Award– recognizing a not-for-profit clean energy advocacy organization whose work through regulatory intervention, legislative support, and/or legal action successfully advanced a cleaner, consumer-driven, resilient, low-carbon electricity grid.
- Community Renewables Project of the Year: recognizes an innovative community project that has enabled multiple participants to enjoy the benefits of renewable energy from a single project or an aggregated project.
- State and Local Government Initiative of the Year: recognizes innovative state or local government policies, programs, regulations, legislation, etc. adopted in 2015 that advance the sustainable growth of clean energy jobs and infrastructure.
- Regulatory Champion of the Year: recognizes a not-for-profit clean energy advocacy organization whose work through regulatory intervention, legislative support, and/or legal action successfully advanced a cleaner, consumer-driven, resilient, low-carbon electricity grid.
- IREC Accredited Clean Energy Training Provider of the Year: honoring excellence in clean energy training providers that hold IREC Training Provider or Certificate Program Accreditation.
- IREC Certified Clean Energy Trainer of the Year: is dedicated, knowledgeable and inspires students of all backgrounds and abilities to learn complex material, and demonstrates superior teaching effectiveness as measured via student learning outcomes.
IREC will honor its 3iAwards winners at Solar Power International 2016 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, made possible by the generous support of IREC’s corporate sponsors.
AWARD APPLICANTS APPLY HERE