IREC is in search of a self-motivated and self-directed person to support IREC’s mission through grants and contracts management, including grants from government agencies.
The contractor will manage details of grants and contracts, track grant expenses and requirements and manage accounts payable. The contractor shall meet deadlines, operate professionally, maintain confidential information, and work independently.
IREC is funded primarily through grants and contracts from government agencies, private foundations and other organizations. Although IREC does have a small office in Albany, NY, IREC is a virtual organization with most staff and contractors working from home in various locations around the country.
Under the direction of IREC’s President and CEO, the contractor will:
- Manage grants and contracts that IREC receives including:
- Review grant and contract documents and plan for compliance with requirements
- Prepare invoices, if required
- Prepare required financial and compliance reports (program staff will prepare program reports)
- Maintain spreadsheet to track expenditures and reconcile with IREC accounting records
- Issue contracts to vendors
- Receive invoices from vendors and process for payment
- Review area of contractual concerns and present recommendations or options to senior management
- Prepare or assist with preparation of financial and organizational information for grant and contract proposals.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience. Applicants should have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or above in accounting, finance or business administration. Candidates should have at least seven years of relevant work experience, including experience working with government grants. Candidates should possess: strong bookkeeping and analytic skills; strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate clearly with grant organizations; ability to work independently and with diverse teams. The applicant should be self-directed, organized and motivated with an ability to keep information confidential.
Applicants should be proficient in Word, Excel, and Quickbooks.
This contract position will be 10-20 hours per week and paid on an hourly basis.
Please no phone calls or submissions via post mail.
To Apply. Submit resume, cover letter and references via email to email@example.com by April 25, 2017.