Our 2019 Vision Summit is a wrap!
More than 120 of the nation’s leading clean energy influencers, advocates and decision makers convened for IREC’s inaugural Vision Summit to act boldly and intentionally to make 100% clean energy goals a reality to enable many more Americans to benefit from clean energy while supporting broad climate and equity goals.
“We need to own the transformation,” said Rose McKinney-James in the keynote address. “We are winning the fight in public opinion. States are leading the way. Committed and informed leadership is the key to advancing the clean energy vision.” McKinney-James, a former commissioner with the Nevada Public Service Commission, has a long history in public service, regulatory advocacy for renewables and clean energy policies.
Interactive, in-depth conversations with national experts throughout the day covered these important questions:
- What do decision makers need to do NOW to actualize a more sustainable, resilient, secure energy future?
- How do we harness the potential of new technologies?
- What are the best policies to enable more distributed energy resources?
- How do we ensure that low-income families and communities benefit from renewable energy?
- What will prepare a cross-industry workforce for the clean energy economy?
The ultimate outcome of the event will be a set of Energy Transformation for All national principles that will guide the path to a 100% clean energy future. Summit participants will continue to collaborate to refine next steps toward achieving bold clean energy goals by 2050, and the 2030 milestones to reaching a shared clean energy vision.
For more details, see news release.
Though the Summit is over, the work continues. Follow updates on the IREC Vision Summit website.