Confronted by the COVID-19 global pandemic, building departments across the country face a challenging question: “Do we shut down or stay open?” Fortunately, there are options that allow for safe, continued building department operations while maximizing the safety of solar installations.
On April 6, 2020, building officials from around the country shared firsthand perspectives on how building departments can continue operations using no-touch permitting and inspection practices while preserving permitting and inspection quality in a live webinar.
Watch the Webinar Recording Here!
(You will need to register using the link in the upper right corner.)
This webinar was jointly hosted by the Interstate Renewable Energy Council (IREC), Sustainable Energy Action Committee (SEAC), and the International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI) in partnership with the California Solar and Storage Association (CALSSA).
- Mostafa Kashe – Chief Electrical Inspector for Los Angeles County
- Dave Gans – Chief Building Official for Oceanside, California
- Darold Wiley, Sr. Electrical Inspector for Irvine, California
- Donny Cook – Chief Electrical Inspector for Shelby County, Alabama
- Steve Jones – Chairman of SEAC and Assistant Building Official of the City of Oceanside, CA
- Larry Sherwood – IREC President & CEO
- Jeff Spies – Secretary of SEAC, President of Planet Plan Sets, and Chair of the CALSSA Codes and Standards Committee