2.2.2 Electrical Test Equipment
Links of manufacturers and/or suppliers for this section: PDF
2.2.2.a. General Purpose
- Multi-function digital meter, Fluke 87V/E2 Industrial Electrician Combo Kit
- Basic multi-meter and clamp-on AC ammeter, Fluke 117/322 Electrician’s Combo Kit,
- DC clamp-on ammeter, Fluke Module 337
- Infrared thermometer: Fluke Model 62
Suggested Quantity: One set minimum for class; one set for every 4 to 5 students is preferred
Importance Rating: Essential
Comments: All Fluke meter sets include test leads and cases. You can contact the manufacturer about training partner relationships and educational discounts.
2.2.2.b. Specialty Measurements
- Insulation resistance tester, Fluke Model 1587
- Earth ground tester, Fluke Model 1621 (Kit)
- Logging multi-meter, Fluke Model 289
- Power quality analyzer: Fluke 43 Series Model 43B
- Fluke 1630 Earth Ground Clamp Meter
Suggested Quantity: One.
Importance Rating: Desirable, but not essential
Comments: These devices are used for advanced systems testing and diagnostics.
2.2.2.c. Diagnostic Instruments
- Three-phase power quality analyzer: Fluke 430 Series, Model 435
- Thermal imager: Fluke Model FLK-Ti25
Suggested Quantity: One set.
Importance Rating: Advanced
Comments: This is an optional purchase for advanced diagnostics.