2.2.6 Other Equipment
Links of manufacturers and/or suppliers for this section: PDF
- Fiberglass ladders, electrician grade
- 4’ step ladder, Type 1A duty rating, 300 lb. load capacity, Werner Ladders Model 6204
- 8’step ladder, Type 1A duty rating, 300 lb. load capacity, Werner Ladders Model 6208
- 20’ extension ladder, Type 1A duty rating, 300 lb. load capacity, Werner LaddersModel D6220-2
Suggested Quantity: One each for entire class.
Comments: Should be electrician-quality fiberglass ladders.
2.2.6.b. Roofing Tools
- Roofing wonder bar (roofers nail cutting flat bar)
- Hook-blade roofing knives (50)
Suggested Quantity: One set per class; one set for 4 to 5 participants is preferred.
Importance Rating: Essential
Comments: These tools are used primarily for composite shingle roof applications.
2.2.6.c. Battery Test Equipment
Specifications (advisable for advanced battery lab activities):
- Refractive index hydrometer (Cole Parmer)
- Load testers (Autometer)
- Conductance tester (Midtronics)
Suggested Quantity: One set per class.
Importance Rating: Desirable for battery-based PV training.
Comments:This equipment is used for advanced training.