We’re Hiring: Senior Workforce Program Manager
Join the IREC team.
Type: 100% of full-time; exempt
Location: Remote; flexible
Benefits: Health, dental, vision insurance, retirement match, personal time off, flexible work schedule
Application materials due by September 14, 2022.
About the Position
You will be a core member of IREC’s workforce team, collaborating with IREC team members and a broad range of partners and stakeholders on national and regional efforts to improve clean energy workforce recruitment, training and education, and job placement outcomes. You will manage day-to-day operations for projects focused on accelerating the growth of a highly qualified and diverse workforce, and ensuring that clean energy offers high quality, family-sustaining career pathways. Initial tasks will focus on recruitment of clean energy learners and workers and development of educational and career exploration resources for underserved communities, veterans, opportunity youth, and others.
IREC team members collaborate primarily in the virtual environment, leveraging Slack and remote meeting, project management, and other collaboration tools to stay connected and on task. You can expect frequent opportunities for check-ins, balanced with time to work independently and thoughtfully on tasks.
- Coordinate partner activities to attain specific grant deliverables
- Serve as interface between the IREC team and partners or groups of partners
- Support project communications and contribute to external communications
- Create outreach materials in a variety of formats to promote clean energy careers, workforce best practices, and information about IREC projects and programs
- Contribute to project planning and communications strategies
- Oversee project operations for workforce projects, including: project tracking, partner coordination, research and data collection, reporting, and administrative support
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Qualities for This Role:
- At least five years of experience supporting training or other workforce development programs in a higher education, government, non-profit, trade association, private business, or organized labor setting
- BA/BS degree OR an additional four years of relevant on-the-job experience
- Track record of successful promotion of workforce projects and programs
- Experience working on complex, multi-year projects, including: partner oversight, project communications, assisting with on-time attainment of project deliverables, and remote meeting and webinar support
- Ability to balance multiple projects at the same time
- Comfort and experience facilitating collaborative remote and in-person meetings with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Passion and enthusiasm for clean energy, climate, environment; and/or education, workforce development, and career support work
- Strong computer abilities with the transferable skills to quickly get up to speed on unfamiliar applications (e.g., email clients, CRM, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and with a geographically distributed team to meet deadlines
- Written and spoken communication skills that allow you to inform and advise others clearly
- Experience in clean energy, climate, environment, or related sector
- Track record of supporting diversity and equity-focused initiatives and programs
Apply with: Cover letter, resume, and at least three professional references who have worked with you directly in the past five years. Send all materials to [email protected] and be sure to reference “Senior Workforce Program Manager” in the subject line.
IREC is a nonprofit working toward a 100% clean energy future that is reliable, resilient, and equitable. Our mission is to build the foundation for rapid adoption of clean energy and energy efficiency to benefit people, the economy, and our planet. IREC provides independent leadership and trusted clean energy expertise.
IREC has about 30 employees across 13 states plus Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia. IREC operates virtually with small offices in Albany, NY and Washington, DC.
In support of our mission, IREC:
- Streamlines and accelerates clean energy deployment and integration
- Develops and scales a diverse and highly qualified clean energy workforce
IREC Foundational Values
- We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, perspectives, and thoughts and believe they result in better outcomes and greater organizational impact.
- We value the uniqueness and dignity of each individual and their right to be their true and complete self.
- We believe in the potential of the clean energy transition to advance equity in our nation.
IREC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and embracing a workplace with diverse voices and perspectives. We strongly encourage and seek applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. Applicants are not discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political aﬃliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, medical conditions, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.