IREC Privacy and Use Policy
What Information We Collect and How We Use That Information:
Our registration forms require users to give us contact information that may include name, e-mail address, address, interests, and similar information.
- We do not store sensitive information from our visitors, such as credit card or social security numbers.
- We will never sell your information to a third party.
- We will never share your information with a third party without your permission.
Use by IREC
When you create an account with IREC, you may receive occasional emails from us updating you on noteworthy developments in clean energy workforce development, regulatory policy, and credentialing. If you do not wish to hear from us, simply use the unsubscribe feature on these emails and/or contact us directly.
IREC protects account information by placing it on a secure portion of our site that is only accessible by certain qualified IREC staff. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
Other Web Sites
Our site contains links to other web sites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another web site for which IREC has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
Registrants will be included in the list of conference attendees that will be distributed to conference attendees in a hard copy format. The purpose of this list is to encourage networking and individual follow-up. This list is not to be used for unsolicited commercial or bulk-email purposes. The information on the list will be limited to name, title, organization, address, phone, email, city, and state. If you wish not to be included in this list, email us.
If you choose to opt-in during registration, your information will also be shared with conference sponsors and/or exhibitors upon request in soft-copy format. Please report any violations of this one-time use policy to us.
By accessing the websites of the Interstate Renewable Energy Council, Inc. (IREC) “irecusa.org,” or any of our subdomains, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, please do not use or access these websites.
You agree not to post, email, or otherwise make available content that:
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, or is harmful to minors in any way;
- harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- violates federal, state, or local equal employment opportunity laws, including but not limited to, stating in any advertisement for employment a preference or requirement based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability;
- includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent;
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party, or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive amount of content, or that otherwise negatively affects other users’ ability to use the sites; or
- employs misleading email addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through IREC’s websites.
Additionally, you agree:
- to refrain from inflammatory posts or rhetoric that might incite flames. Posts that are attacks on someone else’s religion, operating system, ethics, ancestry, Internet service provider, attitude, or mother are not okay.
- to avoid commercial solicitation. Use of any contact information found on IREC’s websites for commercial purposes without the express consent of the person you are trying to contact is forbidden.
- not to solicit cash donations for organizations or individuals.
- to try to explain any acronyms or technical terms to the greatest extent possible so that people in the lists who are less technical can learn and understand.
- that IREC may email you directly from time to time about our programs and services. All email will contain clear opt-out instructions.
The materials on IREC’s websites are provided “as is.” IREC makes no warranties, expressed or implied. While we do our best to ensure that only quality resources are posted, the materials appearing on IREC’s websites may include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. IREC does not warrant that any of the materials on its websites are accurate, complete, or current. IREC may make changes to the materials contained on its websites at any time without notice. IREC does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
IREC has not reviewed all of the sites linked to by its websites and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by IREC of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.