Every year, IREC announces its Call for Nominees for its 3iAwards – a prestigious annual national search for innovative people, projects and programs that promote and accelerate the sustainable growth of clean energy. The IREC 3iAwards honor innovation, ingenuity and inspiration from the nation’s best in both renewable energy and energy efficiency.
This year adds a new award for
Young Clean Energy Innovator.
For 2018, we’ll recognize a promising high school or post-secondary student in any academic or entrepreneurial discipline whose innate talents, depth and quality of studies, research and vision or hands-on action are emblematic of the next generation of innovators relentlessly pursuing clean energy solutions.
Nominations will be accepted from high school or post-secondary faculty in any academic discipline, current and past employers and mentors. Renown experts representing government, education, entrepreneurship, policy, industry, technology and journalism will judge these talented individuals.
Applications from or on behalf of extraordinary people, projects and programs in clean energy will be accepted online through March 26, 2018 in six categories:
- Community/Shared Renewables Project of the Year
- State and Local Government Initiative of the Year
- Regulatory Champion of the Year
- IREC Accredited Clean Energy Training Organization of the Year
- IREC Certified Clean Energy Instructor/Master Trainer of the Year
- NEW! IREC Young Clean Energy Innovator of the Year