Our inaugural Vision Summit was by all accounts a huge success. Prominent national and state clean energy influencers lead thought-provoking expert panels and targeted outcome-driven discussions at this day-long event tailored for energy decision makers, advocates and educators.
“We need to own the transformation,” said Rose McKinney-James in the keynote address. “We have the tools to take bold action. We have leadership in place. We are winning the fight in public opinion. Committed and informed leadership is the key to advancing the clean energy vision.” McKinney-James, a former commissioner with the Nevada Public Service Commission, has a long history in public service, regulatory advocacy for renewables and clean energy policies.
Though the 2019 Summit is over, the work to get to 100% clean energy has only just begun.
A resulting Vision Principles document is in draft, available soon for organizations and individuals to sign on in support.
Stay tuned for updates about the 2020 Vision Summit, March 11 in Washington, D.C. on the Vision Summit website.
2019 National Advisory Committee
• Nicole Enright | Institute for Sustainable Communities
• Sue Gander | National Governors Association
• Leia Guccione | Rocky Mountain Institute
• John Hall | Environmental Defense Fund
• Erica Mackie | Grid Alternatives
• Jacqueline Patterson | NAACP
• Dan Reicher | Stanford University
• Curtis Seymour | Energy Foundation
• John Shenot | Regulatory Assistance Project
• Kelly Speakes-Backman | Energy Storage Association
• Jen Szaro | Smart Electric Power Association
• David Terry | National Association of State Energy Officials
• Elaine Ulrich | U.S. Department of Energy
• Kerry Worthington | National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners