It’s a wrap!
Our inaugural Vision Summit was by all accounts a huge success. More than 120 clean energy thought leaders were all in for a visionary exploration of the pillar policies, practices and workforce training necessary to enable many more Americans to benefit from clean energy.
Prominent national and state clean energy influencers lead thought-provoking expert panels and targeted outcome-driven discussions at this day-long event tailored for energy decision makers, advocates and educators.
“We need to own the transformation,” said Rose McKinney-James in the keynote address. “We have the tools to take bold action. We have leadership in place. We are winning the fight in public opinion. Committed and informed leadership is the key to advancing the clean energy vision.” McKinney-James, a former commissioner with the Nevada Public Service Commission, has a long history in public service, regulatory advocacy for renewables and clean energy policies.
Though the Summit is over, the work to get to 100% clean energy has only just begun. We’ll post updates in the near future with specific Vision Summit outcomes and next steps on the Vision Summit website. Stay tuned!
National Advisory Committee
• Nicole Enright | Institute for Sustainable Communities
• Sue Gander | National Governors Association
• Leia Guccione | Rocky Mountain Institute
• John Hall | Environmental Defense Fund
• Erica Mackie | Grid Alternatives
• Jacqueline Patterson | NAACP
• Dan Reicher | Stanford University
• Curtis Seymour | Energy Foundation
• John Shenot | Regulatory Assistance Project
• Kelly Speakes-Backman | Energy Storage Association
• Jen Szaro | Smart Electric Power Association
• David Terry | National Association of State Energy Officials
• Elaine Ulrich | U.S. Department of Energy
• Kerry Worthington | National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners