In 2015, IREC joined the U.S. Department of Energy Solar Market Pathways project as a partner with the national coordinator, The Institute for Sustainable Communities (ISC). Solar Market Pathways provided support to multiple awardees to enhance their efforts to increase solar installations and reduce costs, while promoting best practices for solar deployment.
The awardees represent a diverse group of organizations and collaborations – including participating communities of many sizes. Their work – created to be replicated by hundreds of communities – focused on a range of issues critical to reducing solar costs and expanding support and finance for solar installations, including community solar, solar storage, university and commercial property installations, and more.
The 14 Solar Market Pathways awardees include:
- Center for Sustainable Energy
- City and County of San Francisco
- City University of New York
- Cook County Department of Environmental Control
- Council of Independent Colleges in Virginia
- Dominion Virginia Power
- Extensible Energy, LLC
- Midwest Renewable Energy Association
- Pace Energy & Climate Center
- Salt Lake City Corporation
- Smart Electric Power Alliance (SEPA)
- The Solar Foundation
- Vermont Energy Investment Corporation